Add an ExpressivePower sound or expression to a button
- First, go into the folder where you want to add the expression.
- Tap Edit in the bottom toolbar to open Edit Mode.
- If the button already exists, tap it to select it. Otherwise, make a new button.
- In the Basics section, tap the Speech Code button at the far right of the top Text to Speak field.
- Go to the Sounds or Expressions tab to access the sounds or expressions. Scroll through the list or start typing in the Search field to find a specific sound or expression. Preview any sound or expression by tapping the speaker button in its row.
- To add an expression to your button, tap its name in the list.
Use sounds and expressions from a different voice
Not every voice has the same sounds and expressions. Some older voices may have few or no expressions available. You can change the voice for a button to access expressions from any other voice you have downloaded to Proloquo2Go.
- First, if Edit Mode is not already open, tap the Edit button in the bottom toolbar.
- Tap the button you want to add an expression to to select it.
- In the list of button properties (under the Button tab highlighted in blue), scroll down to and tap Speech.
- Tap Voice.
- Choose a voice from the list.
- Now, go back to the main Basics section. Continue following the instructions for adding sounds and expressions.
You may need to download a new voice to get the expressions you want. To do this, you will need to leave Edit Mode and go into the Options. For exact steps, see Download or delete a voice.