Speak up with symbol-based AAC
Not being able to speak isn’t the same as having nothing to say. Children, teens and adults who can’t speak can use this Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) app for iOS as a daily communication tool and to build language skills. From the first time someone opens the app, a few taps are all it takes to start talking to the world.
Learn to communicate with AAC
You’ll love how this symbol-based app helps users learn how to express themselves. Proloquo2Go puts the user’s development first, with innovative features based on clinical knowledge and user research.
It’s also one of the few AAC apps designed to support all users, from beginning to advanced. Completely customizable and designed for a range of fine-motor and visual skills, the app’s versatility makes it useful for non-speaking people with autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, and a range of other diagnoses or speech impediments like apraxia and dysarthria.
Our AAC app in action
Grow and develop
Studies show that just 200-400 words make up 80% of what we say. Known as core words, they act as the basis of Proloquo2Go. Users can develop from single words to full grammatical sentences in the same comprehensive app.
- Research-based core word Crescendo™ vocabulary which works with best practices like modeling to grow language skills.
- No limit on language development, and fringe word vocabulary of 10,000+ words and customizable vocabulary levels.
- Helps a user gradually learn vocabulary by revealing words step by step with the Progressive Language feature.
Communicate with ease
Smart features and a handy layout make navigating and using the app simple.
- Core words stay in the same place throughout the vocabulary to aid motor planning.
- Customizable folder organization. You can also create your own folders easily, based on thematic templates.
- Designed for a range of fine-motor and visual skills with options like 23 pre-programmed grid sizes and accessibility settings which support scanning and Apple’s VoiceOver.
Use it your way
Quickly and easily customizable – everything from the vocabulary to the appearance can be changed.
- Add your own buttons for the most important things in your life – choosing from 25,000 symbols or using your own photos.
- Over 100 free natural-sounding Text to Speech voices across all languages, including our own children’s voices. Supports bilingual use, including switching languages mid-sentence.
- Use your regional vocabulary and accent with voices in British, Australian and American English, European and Canadian French, Castilian and American Spanish, and Dutch and Flemish
“The app continues to grow with us, and each update brings only greater utility and reward. Rupert is seventeen now, and I can’t see us ever using any other communication format.
Alayne Campbell, Rupert's mother (Rupert started at age 6, and is now 17)
Is Proloquo2Go covered by insurance or Medicaid?
Exploring insurance options for Proloquo2Go? We’ve got you covered.
Our partner, AbleNet, specializes in guiding people through the insurance process for AAC apps and devices. AbleNet works with ALL speech-language pathologists, regardless of their experience with speech devices.
Visit AbleNet's site or contact our support team and get Proloquo2Go the hassle-free way.
Quality text to speech voices
Find the product that’s right for you
Discount for schools
AssistiveWare offers a 50% discount when schools purchase 20 copies or more through Apple’s School Manager Program.
Help for your AAC journey
Join the community
We’ve created Facebook groups for our community, where you can discuss and share tips about the app and AAC.
Ask our Support team
If you still need help, you can contact our Support team for help in English, French, Spanish and Dutch. They’re on hand to answer your questions and help with issues 7 days a week.
Download communication boards
Make every environment set up for quick access to AAC. These printable communication boards are handy to use across different environments. This is very helpful when the device is not available. Using core word boards means you can make AAC always available.
Quick communication boards (new!)
More words to communicate with. Read how to use the Quick communication boards.
- Quick Communication Boards (1.5 MB)
Core word boards
Gateway to Language and Learning: another AAC vocabulary available
Gateway to Language & Learning is an efficient core word vocabulary offering user vocabularies for children, teens, and adults.
Proloquo2Go has the CrescendoTM core word vocabulary built-in. The Gateway to Language and Learning© vocabulary is available as an in-app purchase.
Learn more about Crescendo and Gateway