Create a button and enter text
- Go into the folder where you want to add your button. Then, tap Edit in the toolbar.
- Select a button to edit by tapping it.
- You can add a button in any empty grid space. Tap the empty space to select it. You may need to turn the page to find one.
- In Speech, type what you want the button to say, then tap Done in the keyboard.
- In Label, type the text you want to display in the button, then tap Done.
Choose an image for your button
SimPODD will try to guess a symbol from your button’s text. SimPODD will also suggest alternative symbols. If you like one of these better, just tap it to add it to your button.
If simPODD has not suggested a symbol, or you don’t like symbols suggested, there are three options:
- Symbols: If you would like to search simPODD’s library of symbols, tap More Symbols.
- Pictures: Tap the pictures on the top right of the Symbol menu. You will need to give simPODD access to your photos for this.
- Take a Picture: Use your device’s camera to take a photo to put on the button. Tap the camera on the top right of the Symbol menu.
For more information about choosing an image and troubleshooting tips, see Add a photo to a button.
When you are done editing, tap Done in the top right corner of the screen. This will close Edit Mode and save your changes.