Personal information collected:
- In order to create a sharing server account, the user must provide a first and last name, email address, and password.
- Users with sharing server accounts may upload Pictello stories to their account. These stories may contain photos, text, and audio and/or video recordings created by the user.
Using personal information:
- AssistiveWare may use your email address as needed to provide information by email regarding changes to the sharing server that affect your ability to submit or download information from your account.
- AssistiveWare will not use your email to send advertisements or marketing information.
- AssistiveWare will not provide your email or name to third parties.
Using Pictello stories uploaded to your account:
- AssistiveWare does not examine the contents of stories submitted to the sharing server in order to determine copyright ownership, and is not responsible for any copyright violations that might occur as the result of a user uploading a story with contents to which they do not hold the copyright. Copyright to photos, text, and audio and video recordings in stories uploaded to the sharing server are retained by the creator of the content.
- AssistiveWare does not open, read, or examine in any way the stories submitted to the sharing server. Stories are only available for viewing via downloading into the Pictello app, either by using a story code, or by importing the story into Pictello directly from the sharing server while logged in as the user who uploaded the story.
- AssistiveWare does not share story codes unless requested by the user who submitted the story.
- AssistiveWare stores all stories and account information on its secure servers. Access to user accounts is secured with a password mechanism. The complexity of the password chosen determines the security of your account. Your password is stored encrypted on the sharing server. AssistiveWare nor any other party can decrypt the account passwords to plain text.
- AssistiveWare guards against unauthorized downloading of shared stories by assigning them a random story code valid for a limited period. The odds someone guesses a valid story code are extremely small, but it is not impossible.
- AssistiveWare takes reasonable care to prevent loss of data uploaded to the sharing server due to server malfunctions or outages; however, AssistiveWare cannot guarantee against loss of data. It is strongly recommended that users not rely on the sharing server as a permanent backup for their data. Instead, users should back up their Pictello stories to their computers using Dropbox or iTunes File Sharing as described in tutorials on the AssistiveWare support website.
- AssistiveWare will comply with court orders requiring to access to specific sharing server data.
Cross-border data transfers:
Updating this statement: