“We have worked two years on Proloquo2Go 4 and are extremely excited about all the new features,” said David Niemeijer, AssistiveWare’s founder and CEO. “Our focus for this update was to ensure the user’s growth of communication skills and language development while making customization easy and fast for teachers, therapists and parents.”
Proloquo2Go is one of the few AAC apps that covers all users, from beginning to advanced communicators, while catering for a wide range of fine-motor, visual and cognitive skills. It is designed to grow along with the user. The multi-level Crescendo™ vocabulary offers three vocabulary levels in 23 different grid sizes. Users can easily transition as language skills expand whilst customizations are retained. Core words appear in the same location across folders to support learning through motor planning. Through an easy to use template system these benefits also extend to user created folders.
"Proloquo2Go 4 is a very exciting step forward for this comprehensive AAC app. Many of the new features lead to more efficient (and therefore faster) communication,” said Jane Farrall, world-renowned AAC specialist. “However, the most exciting feature is that Proloquo2Go 4 is not just about communication – but also has a big focus on language development.”
Proloquo2Go has been used successfully with individuals with the following diagnoses: autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, developmental disabilities, apraxia, stroke, traumatic brain injury and others.
The headline new features of Proloquo2Go 4 include:
- Research-based Crescendo™ vocabulary, offering three vocabulary levels: Basic Communication, Intermediate Core and Advanced Core
- American, British and Australian vocabulary variants
- Templates with core words on a consistent place throughout the vocabulary to support learning through motor planning
- Activity templates making it easy for user to create consistent activity-specific pages
- Expanded and full customizable grammar support for verbs and inflection support for nouns, pronouns and adjectives
- Redesigned Edit Mode that speeds up common editing tasks by 35>#/span###
- Share folders (one level deep) between users
- Enhanced word prediction that is 25% more efficient than in Proloquo2Go 3.x
- Over 5000 new symbols
Pricing and Availability:
Proloquo2Go 4.0 is $249.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively on the App Store in the Education category. Version 4.0 is a free update for existing users.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.2 or later
* Optimized for iPhone 5, 6 and 6 Plus
* 390 MB