Proloquo2Go enables people to talk using symbols or typed text in a natural-sounding voice that suits their age and character providing a “voice” to over 50,000 individuals around the world, who are unable to speak or have difficulty speaking.
Proloquo2Go 3.0, now available as a free update to existing customers, is a significant release with many exciting new features:
- ExpressivePower™ - For personalizing with natural intonations, prerecorded expressions and sounds. Coupled with the many free specialty voices, users have a wide range of voice versatility to help them get their point across and spice up conversations. Say “Great!” and “I love you!” with real emotion.
- Switch Access - Single and two switch scanning support with five scanning modes, three scanning patterns, hold duration, visual cues and much more. Users can configure the screen to be their switch or a use any standard external switch through a Bluetooth switch interface.
- Select on Release - Allows direct access to communication without having to scan or use a keyguard for those users who can tap, but have difficulty keeping only one finger on the screen.
- Five New Text to Speech Voices - Genuine Australian children’s voices (Liam and Olivia) co-developed with Acapela Group, an Australian adult female (Lisa), an American English adult female (Karen) and one specialty voice (Old Man).
- Social Sharing Support - Share text from the Proloquo2Go message window using email, Facebook, SMS, and Twitter, and copy and paste text into other apps.
- Dropbox Support - For easy importing and exporting of Proloquo2Go backups.
- Over 25 more refinements and improvements.
“The enhancements included in Proloquo2Go 3.0, an already robust and versatile AAC app, are very impressive,” said Lauren Enders, MA, CCC-SLP. “The adaptive switch support and select on release features increase access to the app for those with motor impairments. ExpressivePower and social sharing will offer users expanded and more personalized communication.”
AssisitiveWare also announced, effective May 17, 2013, the Proloquo2Go price will change to $219.99 (US), $229.99 (AU), €199.99 (EU) and £149.99 (UK). The early notice provides a window of opportunity for prospective customers to still purchase at the lower price.
“With the inclusion of switch access support and the Select on Release feature, Proloquo2Go 3.0, will better serve individuals with physical access challenges and the innovative voice features will enable users to express themselves more naturally and with character,” said David Niemeijer, founder and CEO of AssistiveWare.
Proloquo2Go is available exclusively on the App Store in the Education category for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad or at http://appstore.com/proloquo2go. Proloquo2Go 3.0 is available as a free update to existing users and new voices can be downloaded from within the Proloquo2Go app free of charge.
To learn more about AssistiveWare and Proloquo2Go visit: http://www.assistiveware.com.
Media resources are available at: http://www.assistiveware.com/media-resources and user videos can be viewed at: http://www.assistiveware.tv.
AssistiveWare®, a leading innovator of assistive technology software for iOS and Mac OS X with over 125,000 customers worldwide, is committed to collaborating with the global community to make a difference in peoples lives. The company’s flagship product, Proloquo2Go®, is an award-winning Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) application for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch that provides a “voice” for people who have difficulty speaking or cannot speak at all. Founded in 2000, AssistiveWare was the first company to deliver universal access to Mac OS X with its award-winning KeyStrokes™ on-screen keyboard and the first to create genuine children’s Text to Speech voices. Focused on its vision to empower people through innovative technology, AssistiveWare offers a wide-range of assistive technology products and services.
Please direct media inquiries to: email@example.com