Pictello is a simple way to create talking photo albums and talking books for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Each page in a Pictello Story can contain a picture, up to five lines of text, and a recorded sound or text-to-speech using natural-sounding voices. Stories can be shared using iTunes File Sharing or via WiFi with other Pictello users through a free account on the Pictello Sharing Server.
This free upgrade for current users brings the following new features and enhancements:
- Additional free, natural-sounding Acapela Group text-to-speech voices available for download in 23 languages.
- Support for the creation of multilingual stories.
- Fully localized in French, Spanish, German and Dutch, including the in-app help.
- New voice download manager supporting background downloads.
- Support for iOS Document Integration.
- Additional fonts available for story creation.
Pictello is developed for both adults and children of all skill levels, so everyone can use it to share important moments in their lives. Pictello offers an easy visual story creation wizard and an expert editor that offers more advanced editing capabilities.
Uses for Pictello stories include:
- Stories to teach social skills or to recall events.
- Photo albums to allow non-speaking people to share their news and interests.
- Sharing important events and memories with family who live far away.
- Talking books.
- Teaching narrative skills as part of a literacy or language skills curriculum.
- Schedules, Task instructions, etc.
- Share stories or write group stories using iPad on a VGA monitor or interactive white board (VGA adapter required).
- Create multilingual stories using text-to-speech or voice recordings.
Version 1.3 of Pictello is localized in English, French, Spanish, German and Dutch. North American English male and female voices are included, with American children's voices and voices for 22 other languages and dialects available as free downloads! Pictello does not require an active Internet connection for story creation or playback. Pictello is a universal app and can, without extra costs, be used on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. For more information, please see the Pictello page.