Our users are at the heart of what we do. Many of our users are autistic, have cerebral palsy, Down syndrome and/or fine motor, vision or cognitive challenges. We are proud to collaborate with them and their families, teachers and therapists to make sure our products best serve their needs.
We are looking for someone living in The Netherlands who is passionate about changing the world and has the experience and expertise to contribute to our efforts. We strongly believe in user-centered design and this is where you come in!
You will be working in our cross-functional web-team and collaborating with one of our product managers, developers, visual designer, clinical experts and marketing and communication specialists. You’ll be working on the UX and UI of our website and web based services.
AssistiveWare is an inclusive and diverse workspace. With a passionate, international group of people and our two office cats we share an office in the heart of Amsterdam. At present we work primarily from home, and there’s an option to continue to do so in the future.
What will you be doing?
- Create sketches, wireframes, and prototypes from low to high fidelity.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to make sure your design is implemented in the right way.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to uncover new insights and do usability tests to improve our apps and website.
- Translate research findings into concrete ideas, concepts and design proposals.
What do we expect?
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in interaction design or other, relevant education.
- 3 to 5 years experience working as a UX/UI designer.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your process and core skills.
- Experience in designing websites and web based services.
- An interest in accessibility is highly desirable.
- Experience using data to support design decisions is a plus.
- Living in the Netherlands.
What do we offer?
- A position for 32 to 40 hours a week.
- Monthly gross fulltime salary between 2.900 and 3.500 euro depending on work experience and knowledge level.
- A professional development budget (time and money) and opportunities for travel when that is possible again.
- An interesting and versatile job where your personal input is appreciated and expected.
- The ability to have a positive influence on the lives of people all over the world.
To apply please fill the vacancy application form below in English by 3 April 2022. Please feel free to reach out on firstname.lastname@example.org — we’re always happy to help!
Note that we have two other design vacancies at the moment: