We are not just a worldwide market leader in apps for people who cannot speak. Our users are at the heart of what we do. Many of them are autistic, have cerebral palsy, Down syndrome and/or fine motor, vision or cognitive challenges. We are proud to collaborate with them and their families, teachers, and therapists to ensure our products best serve their needs.
We are a small but diverse family—we are over 40 people representing 20 nationalities and we’re spread around the world. Our business challenges are unique and in order to keep innovating, we need people with different perspectives to join us—people like you. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, what you believe in, or what disability you live with, we welcome you to be your true self at AssistiveWare.
What will you be doing?
We are searching for two UX Designers to join our growing team. You and the other new UX Designer will join different cross-functional product teams. You will work closely with a product manager, UI designer, UX writer, and developers, while also collaborating with our clinical experts, marketing specialists, and communication experts.
Following a user-centered design process, you will be responsible for creating the UX design of a variety of our products. On a daily basis that means
- Performing qualitative and quantitative user research to uncover new insights and do usability tests to improve our apps and website.
- Translating research findings into concrete ideas, concepts and design proposals.
- Creating sketches, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Collaborating with front-end developers to make sure your design is implemented in the right way.
What do we ask?
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in interaction design or other relevant education.
- 3 to 5 years experience working as a UX designer.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your process and core skills.
- Experience in mobile app design.
- Experience in designing for the iOS platform is a plus.
- Experience using data to support design decisions is a plus.
- Living in the Netherlands.
What do we offer?
- A job for 32 to 40 hours a week at an inspiring and dynamic company.
- A pleasant, informal working atmosphere.
- Time and budget to develop yourself.
- A gross salary between €2.900 - €3.600 for full-time (excluding holiday pay), depending on education and experience.
- An exciting and varied job where your input is valued, encouraged and expected.
The working language is English so a good level of fluency is a must. Our office is located in a beautiful historic building in the Jordaan in Amsterdam. We currently work in a hybrid model.
Would you like to join us to make a difference in the world? Then we would like to meet you!
Are you interested?
Please note that we are not currently accepting further applications, but we appreciate the time you took to consider us!