Our users are at the heart of what we do. Many of our users are autistic, have cerebral palsy, Down syndrome and/or vision, fine motor, or cognitive challenges. We are proud to collaborate with them to make sure our apps best serve their needs. Our users play a crucial role in who we are.
We are a very motivated bunch. We work hard to create something that not only makes us proud but changes the lives of those who need it. We strongly believe in user-centered design. This is where you come in!
About the role
We are looking for a medior UX designer to join our team. You are already living in the Netherlands and have 3+ years of experience designing digital products and services. You are excited by the opportunity to help define and build meaningful services. Most of all you understand what makes a great customer experience.
You will be working in two cross-functional teams. One of these teams is more product-focussed and the other more content-focussed. You will bring your UX skills to app development, web services, media design and more. You will be involved in our company-wide shift towards the use of OKRs, Lean Startup methodology and Service Design Thinking and Doing.
At AssistiveWare you’ll collaborate with our broad team of specialists, including other UX designers, graphic designers, product managers, clinical experts, communication specialists and more. You will share the office with a very international group of people and our two cats.
If you have the curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, come and join us!
What you’ll do
- Tackle design challenges through Design Thinking methodologies
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to uncover new insights
- Translate research findings into concrete ideas, concepts and design proposals
- Create sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to communicate desired outcomes
- Run in-person and remote usability tests
What you’re like
- A creative thinker, problem solver, open-minded and passionate
- A good communicator with strong oral, written and visual communication skills in English
- A pro-active collaborative team player who enjoys working in cross-functional environments
What you’ll need
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in interaction design or a relevant other education
- 3+ years of user-centered design experience
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your thinking and core skills
- Knowledge of designing for iOS or Mac
- Knowledge of Sketch and InVision
- An interest in accessibility is highly desirable
- Experience with the use of analytics to inform design is a plus
- Already reside in the Netherlands
What we offer
- A full-time position
- Market conform salary
- Opportunities for professional development
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, caring, fun and highly motivated people
- An interesting and versatile job where your personal input is appreciated and expected
Please send your motivation letter, resume and portfolio in English by 7 July 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or more information about the position you can send an email to email@example.com.