We are not just a worldwide market leader in apps for people who cannot speak. Our users are at the heart of what we do. Many of them are autistic, have cerebral palsy, Down syndrome and/or fine motor, vision or cognitive challenges. We are proud to collaborate with them and their families, teachers, and therapists to ensure our products best serve their needs.
We are a small but diverse family—we are over 40 people representing 13 nationalities and we’re spread around the world. Our business challenges are unique and in order to keep innovating, we need people with different perspectives to join us—people like you. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, what you believe in, or what disability you live with, we welcome you to be your true self at AssistiveWare.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a skilled and creative User Interface Designer living in the Netherlands. This is the perfect role for you if you enjoy analyzing and exploring design problems and love crafting the details. You have an eye for aesthetics but will not sacrifice accessibility. In fact, you are passionate about creating inclusive and accessible user interfaces.
We have a strong UX team at AssistiveWare and we are in need of a strong UI designer that will take the designs to the next level. A UI designer that designs adaptive interfaces, has experience designing for the iOS platform and knows the in’s and out’s of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines. You work together with UX designers to make the user interface friendly, pleasant, and accessible. You are capable of creating scalable design systems for typography, color, components, and layouts.
What You will be Doing
You will be working closely with our UX designers and product managers, in two of our cross-functional product teams. You will also be collaborating with developers, clinical experts, and marketing & communication specialists.
- Create detailed UI designs
- Working together with your teams and other stakeholders to improve or iterate on your designs.
- Present your work to others.
- Create and maintain the design systems for our products
- Create functional prototypes of your designs
The working language is English so a good level of fluency is a must. Our office is located in a beautiful historic building in the Jordaan in Amsterdam, and we have two office cats. We currently work in a hybrid model.
Would you like to join us to make a difference in the world? Then we would like to meet you! What will you be doing?
What do we ask?
- Minimally 4 years of working experience designing digital products and services
- Experience in designing for the iOS platform and experience applying the iOS Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience in creating and maintaining design systems
- An interest in accessibility
- Experience in designing micro animations is a plus
- Living in the Netherlands.
What do we offer?
- A job for 32 to 40 hours a week at an inspiring and dynamic company
- A pleasant informal working atmosphere
- Space and budget to develop yourself
- A gross salary between €2.800 and €3.600 for full-time (excluding holiday pay), depending on education and experience
- An exciting and varied job where your input is valued, encouraged and expected
Are you interested?
To apply please fill the vacancy application form below and add your portfolio that demonstrates your process and core skills, no later than 27 February 2023. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org—we’re always happy to help!