Before you can activate an Infovox iVox voice, you must first redeem an activation code for purchased voice credits or from a previous version of Infovox iVox:
- Navigate to your Applications folder and open the Infovox iVox Voice Manager.
- If the Infovox iVox Voice Manager welcome screen appears, click the small red "close" button in the top left corner of the welcome screen to close it.
- In the Infovox iVox Voice Manager, click the Redeem Activation Code... button.
- In the Redeem Activation Code dialog box, select an account option: *If you have already activated an AssistiveWare Activation Server Account on the computer you are using, click the radio button for Use an account activated on this computer, and then select your name and email address from the Account popup menu. If you have password protected your activation server account, enter your password in the Password field. *If you do not have an AssistiveWare Activation Server Account, click the radio button for Create a new account, and then enter your name, organization (optional), and email address in the respective fields. *If you have created an AssistiveWare Activation Server Account but have not activated it on your computer, click the radio button for Activate an existing account, and then enter your activation server account ID in the Account ID field. If you have password protected your activation server account, enter your password in the Password field. Note that if you can't remember your account ID, click the Recover account ID link, and then enter your email address in the dialog box that appears. If your account is password protected and you want to reset your password, make sure the checkbox for Reset account password is selected. Finally, click the OK button to have your account details emailed to you.
- Enter your activation code in the Activation Code field.
- Click the Redeem button to redeem your code.
You can now activate a voice using a voice credit or your license from a previous version of Infovox iVox.
To activate voices from a previous version of Infovox iVox, go to the Tools menu (on top of your screen) and select Install All Licensed Voices...
To activate new voices using voice credits, go to the Action menu on the right side of the voice you would like to activate. From the dropdown menu, select Download and Install and then Activate.