Our users are at the heart of what we do. Many of our users are autistic, have cerebral palsy, Down syndrome and/or vision, fine motor, or cognitive challenges. We are proud to collaborate with them to make sure our apps best serve their needs. Our users play a crucial role in who we are.
We are a very motivated bunch. We work hard to create something that not only makes us proud but changes the lives of those who need it. We believe good design delights our customers and helps us get our message across. This is where you come in!
About the role
In order to realize our ambitious vision, we are moving from a product to a service approach. This also requires a new way of working, with cross-functional teams. As our Strategic Art Director, you will be part of the team that is responsible for the overall strategy and direction of the service. This is mostly a hands-off role where you will collaborate with all our teams and maintain creative consistency across everything we do. You will be also responsible for nurturing and coaching our visual designers.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Strategic Art Director with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a senior position. You have worked on a variety of brands across different sectors, and are an expert in a wide variety of mediums, both print and digital. You have great attention to detail, but you can easily shift perspective and look at the big picture. You’ll collaborate with our broad team of specialists, including UX designers, graphic designers, clinical experts, communication specialists and more. You will share the office with a very international group of people and our two cats.
Come and join us if you have the passion, collaborative spirit and you believe in brands with a meaningful purpose.
What you’ll do
- Work within the strategic team to ensure that our company vision is brought to life in all creative executions consistently
- Be involved in shaping our brand, products and services
- Provide creative, inspirational directions in developing various communication touch points (sales tools, brochures, print materials, infographics and animations for articles, social media posts, etc.)
- Mentor and share your knowledge and skills with our visual designers
What you’re like
- A creative thinker, problem solver, open-minded and passionate
- You enjoy translating challenges into practical creative solutions
- You enjoy teamwork and collaboration and not afraid of taking on new challenges
- You present your ideas confidently and with conviction
- You’re experienced in print, digital design and art direction
- You are passionate about visual culture, creativity, innovation and tech
- You believe in brands with a meaningful impact
What you’ll need
- A solid professional experience as an art director
- Experience in working in a multidisciplinary studio
- A portfolio that represents a wide range of industry expertise on different brands
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Organizational skills. You can effectively manage your time, prioritize your work and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A degree in Design, Visual studies, or another design-related field is preferred
- UX and UI experience is a plus
- Already reside in the Netherlands
What we offer
- A position for 24-32 hours a week
- Market conform salary
- Opportunities for professional development
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, caring, fun and highly motivated people
- An interesting and versatile job where your personal input is appreciated and expected
Please send your motivation letter, resume and portfolio in English before 19 June 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or more information about the position you can send an email to email@example.com.