Saying goodbye is never easy, but we are thankful to have you as a friend on this journey. After a long talk and much thought, AssistiveWare and Acapela Group have decided to discontinue development of Infovox iVox due to a shrinking user base and increasing development and support costs. This was not an easy decision, but with the current pandemic economic crisis, the fact that macOS allows you to download free multilingual voices, and AssistiveWare’s shifted focus toward AAC, we were compelled to bring up the topic we could no longer ignore.
To make this change as easy as possible, here are the details you need to know:
- You can purchase additional voice credits until 31 December 2020.
- Remaining voice credits can be used to activate voices until 31 August 2021.
- Infovox iVox version 4.6 will support macOS 11 (Big Sur) but only on Intel based Macs, and not on the Apple Silicon (M1) processors.
- Support for Infovox iVox will end on 31 August 2021.
- Installed Infovox iVox voices will remain active/usable on current software/hardware combinations as long as possible, allowing users to re-install their voices on compatible macOS versions.