We don’t just make apps for people who cannot speak. Our users are at the heart of what we do. Many of them are autistic, have cerebral palsy, Down syndrome and/or fine motor, vision or cognitive challenges. We are proud to collaborate with them and their families, teachers, and therapists to ensure our products best serve their needs.
We are a small but diverse family - we are over 40 people representing 13 nationalities and we’re spread around the world. Our business challenges are unique and in order to keep innovating, we need people with different perspectives to join us - people like you. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, what you believe in, or what disability you live with, we welcome you to be your true self at AssistiveWare.
We are looking for an energetic, creative and team-focused Office Manager living in the Amsterdam region, who would love to work in an organisation that not only wants to make a difference in the world through its mission, but also truly cares about its own team members. You are a problem-solver at heart with a professional yet approachable communication style.
The Office Manager is part of our Office Team which also includes People Operations, Financial Administration, and Systems Management. As a team member you share responsibility for the objectives of the entire team. You’re a great fit for this role if you are a team player who shows initiative, have great organisational skills, are professional and able to be discreet.
As the Office Manager, you take proactive ownership of the office- maintaining a professional look including upkeep of conference rooms, kitchen cleanliness, storage organisation, ordering supplies and repairs. You will foster our company culture through the planning and execution of internal and external events such as company celebrations, company retreats, special events and team meetings. You will assist with the onboarding of new employees, including the coordination to provide new team members with all appropriate supplies and technology and other HR administrative tasks. You’ll also help with ad-hoc projects, depending on the needs of the organisation and teams.
You partner with our Cook, who prepares a hot lunch for all staff once a week, by ensuring they have what’s needed, sometimes that means a run to Albert Heijn but mostly letting the Cook know how many people to expect for lunch that day. You will also help by keeping the kitchen stocked with food, drinks and supplies.
You keep in touch with colleagues in all kinds of ways and you know what is going on and you respond to requests quickly and thoroughly. You are not alone in this: you work a lot with your team members and management.
The working language is English so a good level of fluency is a must. Our office is located in a beautiful historic building in the Jordaan, and we have two office cats. We currently work in a hybrid model, however as an Office Manager, there is the expectation that you are in the office more often than not.
Would you like to become our Office Manager and are you genuinely interested in our target audience? Then we would like to meet you!
What do we ask?
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent command of Dutch and English languages
- Experience in a small, internationally oriented organisation is a plus
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Independent and proactive with a hands-on mentality
- Natural communicator with an interest in building community and authentic relationships
- Outstanding attention to detail, organisational skills, and a strong sense of urgency
- Self-starter with a positive, “No task too small” can-do attitude
- Tech savvy
- Finds the fun in organising and arranging
- Willing to occasionally work irregular hours
What do we offer?
- A job for 24 hours a week, spread over 4 or 5 days, within an inspiring and dynamic company
- A pleasant informal working atmosphere
- Space and budget to develop yourself
- A gross salary between 2,500 and 3,000 for full-time (excluding holiday pay), depending on age and experience
- Robust secondary employment conditions
- An exciting and varied job where your input is valued, encouraged and expected
Are you interested?
This application closed on 4 December 2022. Please feel free to reach out on firstname.lastname@example.org — we’re always happy to help!