Our users are at the heart of what we do. Many of our users are autistic, have cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, and/or fine motor, vision, or cognitive challenges. We are proud to collaborate with them to make sure our products best serve their needs.
Providing quick and caring customer support is key to helping our users be successful.
We are looking for someone from the AAC community who is passionate about making the world a better place by helping other people on their AAC journeys. The ideal candidate will be either an AAC user or the parent of an AAC user.
About the Role
As a customer support agent, you will be part of AssistiveWare’s most important team. The team supports our customers seven days a week. We listen to our users and help them with technical and AAC implementation questions. The team celebrates users’ successes with them in our Facebook groups.
We are looking for someone who is good at listening and great at troubleshooting technical problems. You will be helping users with anything from pre-purchase questions to technical issues to advice on AAC implementation. You will also become a co-moderator on one or more of our Facebook groups.
You will collaborate with support team colleagues from around the world but also regularly interact with product managers, AAC specialists, and others.
What you’ll do
- Provide customer support through email and social media
- Participate in community management for our Facebook groups
- Collaborate in creating support and training materials
- Contribution in various non-support related projects
What you’re like
- Good listener and careful reader, who knows how to ask the right questions
- Good communicator who wants to help others
- Approachable, friendly, and flexible
- A natural problem-solver
- Independent, but also enjoys working on a team and sharing knowledge
What you’ll need
- Be part of the AAC community
- English speaker with excellent speaking (AAC or mouth words) and written language skills
- Tech-savvy (iOS) and active on social media
- Understanding of and willingness to learn even more about AAC best practice
- Availability on days during times that fill in our current Support team schedule
- Knowledge about Proloquo2Go, Proloquo4Text, and simPODD is a plus
What we offer
- A freelance independent contractor position of around 20 hours a week to start (spread over six days a week)
- An interesting and multifaceted job where your personal input is appreciated and expected
- Working from home
- Opportunity to join a close, considerate, and motivated team
Please send your motivation letter and resume (in English only) by September 26, 2021 to email@example.com. You must also complete and submit the Availability form. Your motivation letter should describe why you are a good match for this position.
*Note that we will only consider complete applications. A complete application includes 1. a motivation letter emailed with 2. a resume emailed and 3. a submitted Availability form.
For questions or more information about the position, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.