Our users are at the heart of what we do. Many of our users are autistic, have cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, and/or fine motor, vision or cognitive challenges. We are proud to collaborate with them to make sure our products best serve their needs.
Providing quick and caring customer support is key to helping our users be successful.
We are looking for someone from the Australian AAC community who is passionate about making the world a better place by helping people on their AAC journey.
About the Role
As a customer support agent, you will be part of AssistiveWare’s most important team. The team that supports our customers seven days a week. The team that listens to our users and helps them with technical and AAC implementation questions. The team that celebrates our users’ successes with them in our Facebook groups.
We are looking for someone who is good at listening and great at troubleshooting technical problems. You will be helping users with anything from pre-purchase questions to technical issues to advice on AAC implementation. You will also become co-moderator on one or more of our Facebook groups.
You will collaborate with support team colleagues from around the world but also regularly interact with product managers, AAC specialists, and others.
What you’ll do
- Provide customer support through email and social media
- Contribute to community management on our Facebook pages and groups
- Contribute to support and training material for our apps
- Contribution in different non-support related projects
What you’re like
- Good listener and close reader, who knows how to ask the right questions
- Good communicator who wants to help others
- Approachable, friendly, and flexible
- A natural problem-solver
- Independent, but also likes to work in a team and share knowledge
What you’ll need
- Be part of the Australian AAC community
- Native English speaker with excellent oral and written skills
- Tech-savvy (iOS) and active on social media
- Understanding of and willingness to learn even more about AAC best practice
- Knowledge about Proloquo2Go, Proloquo4Text, and simPODD are a plus
What we offer
- A freelance independent contractor position of around 24 hours a week (ideally spread over six days a week)
- An interesting and multifaceted job where your personal input is appreciated and expected
- Working from home
- Being part of a close, considerate and motivated team
Please send your motivation letter and resume in English by February 10th, 2021 to email@example.com. Note that we will only consider complete applications with both a motivation letter and a resume.