The Apple App Store Volume Purchase Program (VPP) for Education* makes it simple to find, buy and distribute apps in bulk for your institution. There are several benefits to the program:
- A 50% discount is available on purchases of 20 apps or more through the VPP store. This means that if you need 10 or more licenses, the Volume Purchase Program for Education can help you save money. To see which Apps are discounted, search on this page.
- Purchases can be made using a purchase order, an option not available when buying directly from iTunes. Note that purchasing with a credit card, PayPal in the US and ClickandBuy in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy and Spain are also possible.
- Two options for app distribution:
- Redeemable Codes: Download a spreadsheet containing redeemable codes which you can then provide to your users. Ownership of the app is given to the Apple ID that redeems the code.
- Managed Distribution: Assign apps to users on iOS 7 using a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution. You retain ownership of apps only, allowing you to revoke and reassign them as needed.
For the VPP for Education, Apple recognizes the tax status of educational organizations. So if your organization is tax exempt you can save money by buying through the program.
* Apple's App Store VPP for Education is available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Spain, United Kingdom and United States.