The Apple App Store Volume Purchase Program (VPP) for Education* makes it simple to find, buy and distribute apps in bulk for your institution. There are several benefits to the program:
- A 50% discount is available on purchases of 20 apps or more through the VPP store. This means that if you need 10 or more licenses, the Volume Purchase Program for Education can help you save money. To see which apps are discounted, search on this page.
- Purchases can be made using a purchase order, an option not available when buying directly from iTunes. It is also possible to purchase with a credit card. Additionally, customers in the United States may pay through PayPal. Customers in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States can buy and use VPP Credit.
- Two options for app distribution are available:
- Redeemable Codes: Download a spreadsheet containing redeemable codes which you can then provide to your users. Ownership of the app is given to the Apple ID that redeems the code.
- Managed Distribution: Assign apps to users on iOS 7 or higher using a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution. You retain ownership of apps, permitting you to revoke them from one Apple ID and reassign them to another, if needed.
*Apple's App Store VPP for Education is available in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and United States.