Using iTunes File Sharing, you can backup a vocabulary to any computer for safe keeping.
In addition to the below instructions, please see these resources that will walk you through backing up a Proloquo2Go vocabulary:
To backup a Proloquo2Go vocabulary through iTunes File Sharing, follow these steps:
- Launch Proloquo2Go and open Options View:
*To open Options View on an iPad, tap the Options button (the gears) on the bottom toolbar.
*To open Options View on an iPhone or iPod touch, tap the Views button (double overlapping squares) and then tap Options.
- Scroll down to General Options, and then tap Backup.
- Tap Backup (user name) Now or Backup All Users Now to create new internal backups for only the current user or all users on your device.
- After you backup the current user or all users, tap Export Backups and select the backup(s) you wish to export.
- Tap Export to iTunes to finish exporting the backup, and then tap OK in the popup that appears.
- Open the iTunes application on the computer where you will be saving a backup.
If your device is synced to another computer, be sure to disable iTunes' automatic syncing so you do not overwrite your device's contents:
*To disable iTunes' automatic syncing on a Mac, select iTunes > Preferences....Next, in iTunes preferences, click Devices, and then click the check box for Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.
*To disable iTunes' automatic syncing on a PC, click the button in the top-left corner of iTunes and select Preferences....Next, in iTunes preferences, click Devices, and then click the check box for Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.
Note that if you leave Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically selected, you will have to click the Sync button in iTunes to load new apps, music, videos, etc. onto a device from the computer since automatic syncing is disabled.
- If the left iTunes sidebar is not visible, show the sidebar:
*To show the sidebar in iTunes 12 on a Mac, go to the More button (the three horizontal dots on the left toolbar, next to Music) and select Apps.
*To show the sidebar in an older version of iTunes on a Mac, select View > Show Sidebar from the top menu.
*To show the iTunes sidebar on a PC, click the button in the top-left corner of iTunes and select Show Menu Bar. Next, select View > Show Sidebar from the top menu.
- Connect your device to your computer with a dock connector cable and click your device's name in iTunes' left sidebar. Then, click the Apps tab (which is to the right of the Summary tab) and scroll down with the outside right scrollbar to the File Sharing section.
- In the File Sharing section, click Proloquo2Go under Apps, and then click a backup under Proloquo2Go Documents. Next, click Save to..., navigate to a location on your computer, and download the backup.
Note, for ease of recognition, you can rename your backup, but just be sure to keep the .p2gbk file extension.